Medical Specialists® Pharmacy realise that people may have some concerns when choosing where to safely buy medicines online. However, you should find the answer to your question(s) below within our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) area.
For example, if you want to know more about how to place an online consultation, payment, or how we deliver your medication, you will likely find this information in the FAQs.
If you have a question that is not listed below then feel free to email us at [email protected] and a member of our Patient Support Team will get back to you in a timely manner
- There are many benefits to using our service. Firstly, in these difficult times it is not always easy to get an appointment with your doctor. Although we are not a replacement for your doctor, if you have a condition and need urgent treatment, we may be able to help.
- With our rapid next day delivery service (UK only) you can get the treatment you require delivered straight to your door without having to leave the house, or even delivered to your place of work.
- We also provide a Royal Mail Local Collect service, whereby we will deliver to a local post office of your choosing, and you can collect your parcel at a convenient time for you.
- We provide accessibility to important medications to those who may live in remote locations or those with mobility problems.
- Simple and easy ordering process through our website via your computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- Our prices have recently been significantly lowered, are highly competitive, and are amongst the lowest you will find online.
- Yes - You must be 18+ years of age to order. We will verify age / identity via an automated check through the LexisNexis system during the ordering process on our website. This is mentioned in the Terms & Conditions at the end of your consultation. Please note the automated check is a ‘soft’ search that has no impact on credit rating. We will contact you by email if you do not pass the age / identity check and for verification purposes may request a copy of your photo identification, such as a passport or driving license.
- LexisNexis are a global, pioneering multi-award winning company providing legal, regulatory business information and analytics. They are utilised by businesses all around the world due to their safety and security. LexisNexis merely carry out the age / identity checks behind the scenes and do not have access to your medical information.
- Yes - We process your orders over a 256 bit secure and encrypted connection. Our online ordering facility uses Sage Pay which is fully safe and secure and encrypted for all credit / debit card transactions.
- No - We keep all customer / patient details in the strictest confidence, especially any medical information.
- We will not pass-on any personal information without your written permission.
- When placing your consultation, you are given the chance to include your GP details (name, surgery address and full postcode) and state if you would like us to contact them about your treatment on a private basis. We advise including such information but we respect our patient confidentiality and in accordance with GDPR legislation, will not contact your GP without your permission. Otherwise;
- You can agree to print a copy of your consultation (the medical questionnaire and your answers) and pass this on to your GP yourself. You can print the consultation via one of two ways: 1. Click on 'Print Receipt/Consultation' at the order sucess screen as soon as you have paid for your order (you keep the receipt part, and the consultation answers go to your GP) 2. From within your account on our website, go to the order, click 'Print Order' (you keep the receipt part, and the consultation answers go to your GP). After you have printed your consultation, along with the accompanying ‘Dear Doctor…’ letter provided with your medication, you agree to give the copy of your consultation and accompanying covering letter to your own doctor / physician in-keeping with the 'Good Medical Practice' as set out by the GMC.
- With certain medicines, we require you to provide either your dentist or doctor details including surgery address, so we may inform them of your treatment on a private basis. This is made clear both on the product page and during your consultation.
- We may use your address or email to contact you regarding your order or medication.
- If you have opted in for this service, we may send occasional newsletter or special offer emails.
- No - for security reasons we only accept online consultations and orders placed through our secure web site. Entering the information yourself through our web site also means the information will be fully accurate for our pharmacists and prescribers to assess.
- If placed over the weekend, your online consultation / order will be assessed on the next working day. Bank holidays will also cause a minor delay in the processing of your consultation / order, and similar to weekends, it will be processed on the next working day.
- Our prescribers are GPhC fully-registered pharmacist independent prescribers. A prescriber will thoroughly assess the information you have supplied on your consultation in a timely manner and decide whether you are suitable for that therapy. If your consultation is approved, a private prescription will be issued (this is kept on-site at our pharmacy), and our pharmacy team will dispense your medication, which is then dispatched to you via Royal Mail.
- The prescriber’s decision here will be final and cannot be contested. You can click here to check the details and credentials of all our registered prescribers.
- We aim to dispense and dispatch all orders within 24 hours of prescribers’ approval on weekdays, or on the next working day if placed at the weekend or on a bank holiday. For next day delivery*, orders must be placed and approved before 3.15pm Monday to Friday and all being well with Royal Mail (i.e. no industrial strikes and no delays out of our control), your medication should be delivered on the next working day by 1pm. Obviously, we cannot control the actual time it may take for an order to be delivered, as this will be dependent on the carrier and other circumstances previously mentioned.
* Overseas deliveries will be longer and can drastically vary in timeframe from around 5 working days up to 6+ weeks. Unfortunately this is out of our control and has been impacted by Brexit.
- If your order is not initially approved, we will contact you to obtain further information, discuss the answers to your medical questions, or notify you that you were rejected.
- If, in the end, your order is rejected, there will be no charge, and you will be notified.
- As we will be aborting a pending ‘ghost’ transaction and not refunding an amount we have taken for, the amount will not appear as a transaction on your bank statement.
- We only accept payment in UK Pounds Sterling ("GBP"). If you are ordering from outside the UK, your bank will automatically convert the payment to your currency on your card statement.
- We will not debit your card until your order and medical details have been reviewed by one of our prescribers and the prescription(s) issued (where necessary). Upon approval, payment will be taken and our inhouse pharmacy will then dispense your medication.
- There will be no indication as to the nature of your order or the name of the medication. Your payment will simply be listed as ‘Medical Specialists’ or abbreviated to Med Spec, or very similar.
- There may be many reasons this has occurred. Firstly, you may have entered incorrect numbers from your card (e.g. card number or security code). In this case, we suggest trying again carefully. You may also have insufficient funds in your account to cover the transaction and may need to contact your bank if you believe enough funds should be in your account.
- Alternatively, payment may have failed if you are attempting to use a card registered under somebody else’s name. Please bear in mind you must use one of your own cards for payment, making sure the name and address linked to your card matches those on your Medical Specialists® account. If you have tried all of these things and still cannot successfully place an online consultation, we advise contacting your bank for more information.
- Although you cannot order by telephone or email (We only accept consultations placed online through our website) we appreciate that sometimes there may be unexpected problems during the payment stage. Therefore, if you have already placed your order but it has failed at Sage Pay, you can contact us on 0161 762 9108 and pay via a credit or debit card.
- You are able to select from a wide variety of Royal Mail Delivery options at the checkout area and as such, delivery charges may vary. With some of our delivery options, you are required to sign for your parcel and show photo ID.
- Please see our Delivery & Returns page for more information about delivery charges.
- We will dispatch to a different delivery address from the billing address, but will carry out additional checks where we deem it necessary to protect both ourselves and our customers. However, for age / identity verification purposes when placing your order, please only pay using a credit or debit card registered in your name (i.e. the name the order has been placed in), matched to the billing address provided on the order.
- You are able to add additional delivery addresses to your Medical Specialists® online account which you can then select as you order. However, your main / primary address within your account must match the address your credit / debit card is registered to and it is the billing address of your order that is automatically used for our LexisNexis age / identity checks. Your credit or debit card must be registered to you (i.e. the name on the order) and registered to the billing address on the order for you to be more likely to pass age / identity verification.
- Our service is fully confidential and discretion is guaranteed every step of the way with no embarrassment - All orders are sent in discrete, plain, private packaging, which is completely opaque, with no indication of its contents.
- The Royal Mail bag used to send your medication, and protective box for your medication, should look identical to the following:
- With Medical Specialists®, only you yourself can sign for and receive the parcel as you have to physically sign for it and show photo identification, with no risk of it ending up in somebody else's hands.
- For further information about delivery, please click here.
- No - For security reasons, we do not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- For Tracked 24 and 48 hr deliveries, you will not have to sign for your parcel upon delivery. The postman will take a photo of your parcel when giving it to you however for our proof that you have received it.
- For Special Delivery 1pm, you will be required to sign for your parcel upon delivery.
- For Special Delivery 1pm (with ID Verification Service) and International Signed For, you will be required to sign for your parcel and show photo identification upon delivery. Therefore, only you (i.e. the named person on the order) can sign for and receive your parcel. This is an added layer of security and peace of mind, fully ensuring the parcel can only be accepted by you and nobody else.
- Yes – Once the parcel has left our pharmacy, you will be sent an automatic Medical Specialists® dispatch email, which will include your Royal Mail generated tracking code and a link to the Royal Mail Track & Trace website, where you will be able to monitor when your parcel is out for delivery.
- Providing you have given the correct mobile number when ordering on our website, you should also receive Royal Mail email and SMS updates on your delivery.
- In the hustle and bustle of modern life, we appreciate that you may not always be at home to sign for a delivery. Therefore, to make it easy for our patients, we have introduced the option of using Royal Mail Local Collect.
- With this delivery option, instead of having your parcel delivered to your home or work, you can have it sent to a local / convenient Post Office. You will then collect / sign for the parcel yourself from the Post Office (photo identification must be shown).
- To see local Post Offices within a certain radius of one of your saved delivery addresses in your account, you will first need to select 'Deliver Here' on one of your delivery addresses (e.g. your home address) at the delivery stage of your order, and then click 'Show Local Post Offices', before clicking 'Pick Up Here!' on the Post Office of your choosing.
- If you require your order to be delivered to another Post Office and not your usual local Post Office you will firstly need to add a new address (i.e. work’s address, or the address where you are currently staying) by clicking on '+ New Address' at the delivery stage of your order, click 'Deliver Here' on the address you have just entered, then click on 'Show Local Post Offices' and select the Post Office for delivery by clicking on 'Pick Up Here!' on the Post Office you require.
- It will depend on your local laws, but Medical Specialists® Company Ltd cannot be held responsible for import rules or duty / tax of customs in the receiving country. Therefore, it is your responsibility to fully check the type of imported items that are permissible into your country before placing any order with us.
- As previously stated and as per our Terms & Conditions, Medical Specialists® will not be held responsible for any fees or taxes levied by customs, or the confiscation of parcels by customs that have been sent overseas. It is your responsibility to fully check the type of imported items that are permissible into your country before placing any order with us and in the event of an overseas delivery failure (e.g. outside of the United Kingdom), you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Medical Specialists® have been delivering medication online since 2001. We are a fully registered Online Pharmacy with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (RPSGB), the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and a member of the National Pharmacy Association (NPA). Our accreditations can be found and verified by clicking on the relevant icon from the top-right area of our website homepage.
- We scan all medicines into our electronic Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) system, which checks the packaging’s 2D barcode against a national database to authenticate the pack. The packaging will also have a sealed anti-tamper device to ensure the pack has remained sealed from the manufacturer to the end-user (the patient).
- If you are ordering branded medication, i.e. Pfizer Viagra, you will receive this brand.
- For generic medication, i.e. Generic Sildenafil, you will receive medication manufactured from one of a number of registered UK manufacturers. This will be dependent on our stock at the time of dispensing.
- For both brand and generic medication, quantity-per-pack may vary from that pictured due to possible variations from the manufacturer, but you WILL receive the total quantity you ordered / was prescribed, of genuine UK manufacturer's products.
- Yes - All medicines will contain instructions for use within the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL), in English only.
- Certain products, i.e. over-the-counter shampoos or mouthwashes, have no PIL but will have their instructions for use printed on the side of the packaging.
- Please follow all manufacturer's instructions carefully.
- Please discuss your therapy with your own GP / doctor and arrange with them to be monitored with any necessary check-ups.
- This can vary to a large degree as certain medicines have an expiry date of several months to several years. However, we generally do not supply medication with an expiry date of less than 3 months remaining on it.
- You must discontinue the therapy and inform us immediately.
- You should arrange to visit your own GP / doctor immediately.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds in these rare circumstances.
- All products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners / licensees.
- Be sure to notify your own doctor of any medication that you purchase and take, or that you intend to purchase and take.
- If you have any questions related to your health, we advise you to contact your own doctor, who will be more familiar with your medical history.
- Please follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and completely, as contained with each product.
- Medical Specialists® Company Ltd will not accept any liability for misuse or abuse of any medication purchased from us.
- For our Terms & Conditions, please click here.
- For our Delivery & Return details, please click here.
- For our Complaints Procedure, please click here.
How It Works
Three easy steps
Relax and at your own convenience, hassle-free, choose your medication on any device from anywhere.
Confidentiality assured as our prescribers check your form, and a safe and secure checkout is guaranteed.
Our pharmacists dispense your treatment conveniently to your home or work so you never have to miss a delivery.