Prices from as little as 35p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Zoely is a combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) and one of the most popular choices of birth control to buy online. It is commonly also known as a ‘birth control pill’ or just ‘the pill’. The manufacturer says that clinical trials of Zoely found that many women were found to have lighter and shorter bleeds, and has been shown to reduce unwanted side effects of other contraceptive pills, such as acne. You can buy the pill cheap online from Medical Specialists® and have your medication delivered to you the next day.
- Protects against unwanted pregnancies
- Daily taken pills
- Effective combined oral contraceptive pill
- Genuine UK medication
What is Zoely for?
Please note: You can buy contraceptive pills such as Zoely if you have already been prescribed it by your own doctor and need a repeat supply.
Please note: You can buy Zoely online if you have had a face-to-face pill check with your own doctor in the last year and there were no issues.
Please note: We do not prescribe Zoely if you are aged 50 or above. Your doctor may prescribe you a mini-pill such as Cerazette once you reach this age.
Zoely is a combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) used to prevent pregnancy. Each tablet contains estradiol, which is a form of oestrogen found in the body, and nomegestrol, a synthetic form of progesterone. Zoely has been shown to dramatically reduce side effects such as acne that can be experienced with other birth control pills. It is the anti-androgen effect that blocks testosterone, therefore making Zoely beneficial for women who suffer with frequent acne. Zoely does not raise LDL cholesterol and triglycerides as other contraceptive pills can.
How does Zoely work?
Zoely is unique from other contraceptive pills as it contains a synthetically produced oestrogen identical to natural human 17β estradiol (E2); and 2.5mg nomegestrol acetate (NOMAC).
The Zoely contraceptive pill basically works mainly by almost ‘tricking’ the body into thinking that ovulation has already occurred. This prevents an egg from being released by the ovaries each month.
How to take Zoely
Each strip of Zoely contains 28 tablets – 4 weeks continuous supply.
Each box of medication contains 3 strips/84 tablets – 3 months’ supply.
Take your pill each day at about the same time. Swallow the tablet whole, with water.
- Zoely is a daily pill, meaning you take a pill every single day. Zoely must be taken in the order that is specified on the pack.
- Take 1 tablet daily for as long as contraception is required, starting with a white-coloured ‘active’ tablet on the first day of the cycle.
- Zoely comes in blisters containing 28 tablets (24 white active tablets followed by 4 yellow inactive tablets), which are taken in sequence using stickers to identify the days of the week for each tablet.
The 4 yellow inactive tablets do not contain hormones and are called placebo tablets. You take these to get you used to taking a tablet at the same time each day, as opposed to other contraceptive pills where you may have a 7-day break.
What are the possible side effects of Zoely?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here
1. Westhoff C et al. Obstet Gynecol (2012) “Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a monophasic oral contraceptive containing nomegestrol acetate and 17β-estradiol: a randomized controlled trial.”; 119: 989 – 999. PMID 22525910
2. Agren UM, Anttila M, Maenpaa - Liukko K, Rantala M-L, Rautiainen H, Sommer WF, Mommers E. Effects of a monophasic combined oral contraceptive containing nomegestrol acetate and 17beta - oestradiol compared with one containing levonorgestrel and ethinylestradiol on haemostasis, lipids and carbohydrate metabolism. European Journal of Contraception and Reproductive Health Care 2011; 16 (6): 444 – 457.
3. Merck Sharp & Dohme Ltd. Zoely: Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC). Available at: electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC)