Please note, ALL patients that are 60 years and over MUST be on a form of Stomach Protection medication prior to our Doctors prescribing medication. This can be Lansoprazole, Omeprazole, Nexium Control (over the counter), Zantax (over the counter), Ranatidine (over the counter) AND for it to be listed within your online consultation.
What is Voltarol?
Voltarol is a prescription drug and contains the active ingredient Diclofenac Potassium, which works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase (COX). Cyclo-oxygenase is involved in the production of various chemicals in the body, some of which are known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are produced by the body in response to injury and certain diseases and conditions, and cause pain, swelling and inflammation..
If you answer YES to any of the following questions please consult your own GP before continuing with our
- you think you may be allergic to diclofenac, aspirin, ibuprofen or any other NSAID, or to any of the other ingredients of Voltarol Tablets. (These are listed at the end of the leaflet.) Signs of a hypersensitivity reaction include swelling of the face and mouth (angioedema), breathing problems, runny nose, skin rash or any other allergic type reaction
- you have now, or have ever had, a stomach (gastric) or duodenal (peptic) ulcer, or bleeding in the digestive tract (this can include blood in vomit, bleeding when emptying bowels, fresh blood in faeces or black, tarry faeces)
- you have had stomach or bowel problems after you have taken other NSAIDs
- you have severe heart, kidney or liver failure
ibuprofen or Voltarol. The use of these medicines together should be avoided
- you are more than six months pregnant.
You should also ask yourself these questions before taking Voltarol Tablets:
- Do you suffer from any stomach or bowel disorders including ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease?
- Do you have kidney or liver problems, or are you elderly?
- Do you have a condition called porphyria?
- Do you suffer from any blood or bleeding disorder? If you do, your doctor may ask you to go for regular check-ups while you are taking these tablets.
- Are you breast-feeding?
- Do you have heart problems, or have you had a stroke, or do you think you might be at risk of these conditions (for example, if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol or are a smoker)?
- Do you have Lupus (SLE) or any similar condition?
- Do you have an inherited intolerance to some sugars such as lactose? (Voltarol Tablets contain a small amount of lactose.)
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, discuss your treatment with your doctor or pharmacist because Voltarol Tablets might not be the right medicine for you.
How should you take ?
Always follow the Patient Information Leaflet carefully. The dose will be on the pharmacist’s label. Check the label carefully. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Where can I buy Voltarol online?
You can buy Voltarol online with or without a prescription at Medical Specialists, after completing a simple online consultation. Just complete an online consultation by clicking the orange button above. We are the UK’s leading supplier of pain killer medication, and Voltarol for sale in the UK.
Ask Our Prescriber / Pharmacist
Medical Specialists® are proud of our in-house team of Prescribers, Pharmacists and Experts who carry out the online consultations, dispense medication or help our patients in other ways.
If you would like to ask one of our experts any questions regarding your medication or any other matter, then please feel free to submit your query to us and will get back to you.
For full patient information, please read or print out the leaflet provided at the bottom of this page about Voltarol.
This patient information leaflet is provided for information purposes only. This leaflet information should not be used in contradiction with your Doctor or Pharmacist's advice. Medical Specialists recommend that you carefully read the information leaflet provided with your medication. Medical Specialists will not accept liability for information displayed. Please refer to the leaflet provided with your medication for the latest manufacturer's information.
How We Package Your Order
Your medication is sealed in a plain shipping box for protection then placed inside a tamper-proof Royal Mail special delivery envelope before being dispatched from our in-house NHS pharmacy.
- Discreet Plain Packaging
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
- No Mention of Medication