Prices from as little as £2.16 a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Vermox is a type of ‘anthelmintic’ medicine and contains the active ingredient Mebendazole. Following a simple online consultation with us, you can buy Vermox online as a powerful and effective treatment for threadworms (also known as pinworms) and other worm infections of the gut. There's no appointments or long waiting times with us, and you can have the medication delivered straight to your door.
- Effective treatment for threadworms and other worm infections
- Helps to relieve the intense itching
- Protection for the whole family
- Genuine UK medication
What is Vermox (Mebendazole) for?
Vermox (Mebendazole) is known as an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. You can buy Vermox tablets for threadworms using our safe and secure service, but the medication can also treat one or more of these worm infections at the same time:
- Threadworms (pinworms).
- Any other common worm infections (i.e. whipworm, roundworm, hookworm).
How does Vermox (Mebendazole) work?
When you order Vermox online, the medication contains the powerful active ingredient Mebendazole, which belongs to a class of medicines referred to as anthelmintics.
Anthelmintics are anti-parasitic drugs that kill parasitic worms in humans. Vermox works by stopping the worms from absorbing sugars they rely on to live. Therefore, the energy stores of the worms decline, and the worms die within a few days after this. The dead worms are then excreted from the gut in your stool.
Please note: Vermox kills the worms, but the eggs can live outside the body for up to 2 weeks. Therefore, these steps can help prevent re-infection:
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before preparing food / eating.
- Thoroughly clean your bathroom and kitchen regularly.
- Vacuum regularly.
- Keep your nails short.
When treating threadworms, a second dose of Vermox may be required 2 weeks after the first if the infection has not cleared (which may occur if you swallow some eggs after taking the medication).
How to take Vermox (Mebendazole)
As with all medicines, when you buy Vermox (Mebendazole) online, you will need to read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking the medicine.
The manufacturer’s instructions are:
For threadworms (pinworms):
- A single 100mg Vermox tablet will kill threadworms. Your doctor may tell you to take a second tablet after 2 weeks in case of re-infection.
For the treatment of threadworm, your whole household should take Vermox (as long as they are aged 2 or above), and not just the infected person. This is due to the fact that threadworms can spread easily. Everyone should take the medicine at the same time even if they are not displaying any symptoms.
For other common worm infections:
- One 100mg tablet 2 times a day (morning and evening) for 3 consecutive days or as directed by your doctor.
How long does Vermox (Mebendazole) take to work?
We know that threadworms are not pleasant and you will likely buy Mebendazole to treat threadworms as quickly as possible.
The great thing about Vermox (Mebendazole) is that it is incredible simple to take and fast acting. You and the rest of your household (everybody you live with) only need to take a single 100mg tablet to clear up the infection.
The medication should actually start to work straight away after taking the tablet, but it may take up to 3 days for any dead worms to pass through your system. Then you are all cleared up.
If however you do become re-infected soon after, you can simply take another single 100mg tablet 2 weeks after your initial one.
What are the possible side effects of Vermox (Mebendazole)?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here