Prices from as little as £1.06 a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Sumatriptan 50mg or 100mg is generic version of the very popular migraine treatment Imigran. Sumatriptan is cheaper to buy online than the branded version. The medication is known as a Triptan, which works to rapidly alleviate symptoms. For many sufferers, it is extremely effective and fast-acting at easing symptoms and can enable them to get on with their daily routine. You can buy Sumatripran online from Medical Specialists® after reading the information below and completing an online consultation.
- Popular migraine treatment
- Reduces the feeling of nausea
- Fast and effective relief from symptoms
- Genuine UK medication
What is Sumatriptan for?
Please note: You can only buy Sumatriptan online if you have already been diagnosed with migraines by your own doctor or another medical professional.
Sumatripran is a very effective prescription medication used to treat this restrictive and debilitating problem. It is usually taken as soon as the symptoms or cluster headache begins to develop.
The medication can effectively relieve different symptoms such as headaches, nausea, pain, dizziness, and sensitivity to light and sound. By treating the symptoms, this can improve a person’s quality of life and allow them to get on with their day-to-day life.
How does Sumatriptan work?
Sumatriptan is believed to work at reversing the temporary widening of blood vessels in the brain. It is this widening that is linked to attacks.
Sumatriptan helps to stimulate serotonin (or 5HT) receptors in the brain and helping to narrow blood vessels that have been widened. This prevents pain signals being sent to the brain, and blocking the release of certain natural substances responsible for pain, nausea, and other associated symptoms such as sensitivity to light or sound. Before you buy migraine treatment such as Triptans, make sure you have seen your own doctor first and been diagnosed. Do not buy Triptans online if you have not been diagnosed.
How to take Sumatriptan Tablets
If you are suitable to buy Sumatripran tablets online, always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
It is best to take these tablets as soon as you feel the problem/symptoms starting, although-you can take it at any time during an attack.
Do not use these tablets to try to prevent an attack and only take Sumatriptan after your symptoms start.
Adults aged 18 to 65
- The usual dose for adults aged 18 to 65 is one 50mg tablet, swallowed whole with water. Some patients may need a 100mg dose - you should follow your doctor’s advice.
Elderly (aged over 65)
- This medicine is not recommended for people aged over 65.
If your symptoms start to come back
- You can take a second tablet if at least 2 hours have passed since the first tablet. Do not take more than 300mg in total in 24 hours.
If the first tablet has no effect
- Do not take a second tablet or any other Sumatriptan Tablets preparation for the same attack. Sumatriptan Tablets can still be used for your next attack.
What are the possible side effects of Sumatriptan?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here