Retin-A Gel (Tretinoin 0.01% or Tretinoin 0.025%) is a highly effective and popular topical prescription medication used to treat cystic acne. This is an acne that produces boil-like infections on the skin. Blemishes caused by cystic acne usually go deep into the skin, resulting in unsightly acne scars after they have healed.
Retin-A has also been found to have benefits for improving fine lines and wrinkles. Despite the product being out of stock with the manufacturer for quite some time, many patients still regularly get in touch with us looking to buy Retin-A online without a prescription.
Although Retin-A Gel is not available at present, we do have a range of other similar prodcucts that also contain Tretinoin, the active ingredient in Retin-A. For example, Aknemycin Plus and Treclin Gel are both very popular acne treatments which contain Tretinoin.
If you require any further advice or information, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help.
What is Retin-A for?
Please note: This Retin-A Gel is currently unavailable to buy online due to being out of stock with the manufacturer. Unfortunately, we do not have a date for availability.
- Retin-A is used to treat acne also called acne vulgaris.
- Retin-A is used for improving fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retin-A is also used for treating scars.
Retin-A has been shown to attenuate and reverse the signs of photodamage, such as coarse wrinkling. Topical retinoids have shown beneficial efficacy and good safety profiles in the management of photodamaged skin, and as therapeutic anti-ageing agents. It has been found that topical application of retinoic acid to chronically photodamaged skin regenerated and restored elastic fibers, and that there was a significant positive correlation between the amount of newly regenerated elastic fiber and the wrinkle improvement caused by retinoic acid.
For scar treatment, medical papers show that excellent improvement was observed in the majority of patients (73.3%) in recent trials using Tretinoin.
How does Retin-A Work?
Retin-A Gel contains the active ingredient Tretinoin 0.01% or Tretinoin 0.025%, which is a form of Vitamin A used in the treatment of acne. It is not known exactly how Tretinoin works, but it is thought to loosen the cells in the surface of the skin. This helps to unblock pores, so that the skin's natural oil producing glands can function normally. In addition, Tretinoin increases the turnover of the skin cells, which aids the natural exfoliation of the outer layers of skin. This also helps to unblock pores and decrease the formation of blackheads (comedones) and spots.
How can I buy Retin-A Online?
Although you can't buy Retin-A Gel online currently due to the product being unavailable from the manufacturer, there are other similar treatments available.
What are the Benefits of Tretinoin?
As mentioned previously, unfortunately patients cannot currently buy Retin-A from Medical Specialists®. However, both Aknemycin Plus and Treclin Gel are acne treatments that also contain Tretinoin, the same active ingredient in Retin-A.
Tretinoin is believed to have numerous benefits. These include:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reducing the appearance of dark spots.
- Improving the health and appearance of photoaged (sun-damaged) skin.
- Improving general skin texture and tone.
What are the possible side effects of Retin-A?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before using or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here
1. Ting W. (2010) "Tretinoin for the treatment of photodamaged skin." Cutis. 86(1):47-52. PMID 21049767
2. Darlenski R. et al (2010) "Topical retinoids in the management of photodamaged skin: from theory to evidence-based practical approach." Br J Dermatol. 163(6). PMID 20633013
3. Lee JY. et al (2010) "Loss of elastic fibers causes skin wrinkles in sun-damaged human skin." J Dermatol Sci. ;50(2):99-107. PMID 18201872
4. Khunger N. et al (2011) "Evaluation of CROSS technique with 100% TCA in the management of ice pick acne scars in darker skin types." J Cosmet Dermatol. 10(1):51-7. PMID 21332915