Prices from as little as £13.63 an inhaler
(Including Private Prescription)
Qvar (Beclometasone Dipropionate) is an effective steroid inhaler used daily to prevent asthma attacks, therefore known as a brown ‘preventer’. Qvar Aerosol Inhalers and Qvar Autohalers work slightly different, but both provide long-term control, helping to prevent flare-ups of symptoms. If you are struggling to get a doctor’s appointment or in an emergency, you may be able to buy Qvar online from Medical Specialist® and enjoy quick next day delivery.
- Used to prevent asthma attacks
- Effective when used regularly
- Popular brown preventer inhalers
- Genuine UK medication
What is Qvar for?
Each Qvar inhaler contains Beclometasone, an anti-inflammatory steroid medicine known as a corticosteroid.
A Qvar preventer inhaler gets to work directly on your air passages to reduce inflammation. This helps to improve your condition over time and help in preventing attacks from occurring.
Therefore, brown-coloured preventer inhalers such as Qvar should be used every day – even if you have no symptoms. Qvar is usually prescribed to those who need to use their blue reliever inhaler more than twice a week to relieve breathing difficulties. It can also prescribed if your symptoms are disturbing your sleep more than once a week.
If you have not been prescribed a brown preventer inhaler and you think you need one, you should discuss this with your own doctor as soon as possible. If you have already been prescribed a Qvar Inhaler or Autohaler and have maybe misplaced it or need an emergency supply, you may be suitable to buy Qvar inhalers from Medical Specialists®.
Qvar should not be used if you start getting symptoms or for an attack that has already started – instead you will need to use your blue-coloured reliever inhaler, such as Ventolin.
How does Qvar work?
Qvar Aerosol is a ‘press and breathe’ inhaler, whereas Qvar Autohaler is a breath-activated inhaler.
Anti-inflammatory medications such as Qvar are hugely important as they build-up protection against future potential asthma attacks by reducing inflammation in the lining of the airways and the associated mucus that is produced with inflammation, which further clogs up the airways
Qvar will help to stop this process and prevent attacks from occurring, as well as reducing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath.
How to use Qvar
- There are two strengths of the Qvar Aerosol Inhaler available (50mcg and 100mcg) and your doctor will have chosen the strength which best suits your condition.
- There are two strengths of the Qvar Autohaler available (50mcg and 100mcg) and your doctor will have chosen the strength which best suits your condition.
When you buy Qvar Aerosol or Autohaler online, do not take more puffs of your Qvar than your doctor has told you to. In some circumstances, your doctor may prescribe more than the usual number of puffs.
Always read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) supplied with any Qvar; this will clearly show you how to use your Qvar, and the doses of Qvar can vary depending on whether you have mild, moderate or severe asthma. However, your doctor should have already explained to you how and when to use your Qvar.
If you have already been prescribed a Qvar Aerosol Inhaler or Qvar Autohaler from your own doctor and understand how and when to use your medication, you can buy Qvar online from Medical Specialists® after completing an online consultation.
What are the possible side effects of Qvar?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before using this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here