Prices from as little as 21p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Premarin is an oestrogen-only type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) normally prescribed to women who have had an operation to remove the uterus, also known as a hysterectomy. It is available in three different doses. You can buy Premarin tablets online in 0.3mg, 0.625mg and 1.25mg strengths to suit the severity of your symptoms. Your own doctor will usually tell you the strength you need to take, often dependent on your symptoms and risk factors.
- Oestrogen-only HRT pill
- Effectively relieves symptoms of the menopause
- Usually prescribed if you've previously had a hysterectomy
- Genuine UK medication
What is Premarin for?
Please note: You can buy Premarin online if you have had your womb removed (hysterectomy).
Please note: If you have NOT had a hysterectomy, you can still take Premarin, but your doctor will likely prescribe a second type of tablet containing another hormone called a progestogen to be taken for 12-14 days a month as well as the Premarin tablets.
Oestrogen-only HRT such as Premarin, is normally given to women who have had an operation to remove their uterus, called a hysterectomy. This is because women who still have a uterus and take oestrogen by itself will then have an increased risk of endometrial cancer, also known as womb cancer.
How does Premarin work?
As a women goes through the menopause, natural levels of the sex hormone oestrogen begin to decline in production. However, Premarin contains conjugated oestrogens, which work at restoring a woman’s natural levels, which in turn can then offset the effects of menopause and its associated unwanted symptoms
Premarin can provide effective relief from menopausal symptoms within just a few weeks of daily use. As your body gets use to the Premarin, breakthrough bleeding or spotting may be noticeable. Speak to your own doctor about this if it continues after more than a few months of taking Premarin.
It is worth noting that HRT should only be required as a relatively short-term treatment as your body adjusts to the menopause, however some women may need HRT for several years. All women taking HRT should review their treatment with their doctor at least once per year, in addition to regular gynaecological check-ups.
What are the Benefits of Premarin?
- Effectively raises the levels of oestrogen, thereby working to alleviate unpleasant symptoms such as hot flushes and vaginal dryness.
- Can also decrease the risk of developing osteoporosis. Ideal for post-menopausal women at high risk of future fractures who are intolerant of, or contraindicated for, other medications approved for the prevention of osteoporosis.
How to take Premarin
After you buy Premarin online for menopause, always take the medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you, or as outline in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is one tablet every day and it is recommended in the PIL to be taken at the same time every day.
Premarin contains the active ingredient oestrogen and is available in three different strengths, 0.3mg, 0.625mg and 1.25mg. Your doctor will usually prescribe you the weakest one possible and likely increase the strength if required, depending on your symptoms.
If you are not already taking an HRT product or if you are taking an HRT product that does not give you a monthly bleed you may start your first pack of Premarin at any convenient time.
If you are changing from an HRT product that gives you a monthly bleed, start Premarin the day after you finish the course of the previous product, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
While you are taking Premarin you will have no tablet-free days. You should start your next pack the day after you finish the previous one.
What are the possible side effects of Premarin?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here