Prices from as little as 17p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Paludrine (Proguanil Hydrochloride 100mg) is an effective antimalarial medication that you can take when travelling to certain parts of the world to stop you getting the deadly malaria infection. It is ideal for those who may not tolerate Atovaquone, an ingredient in other similar drugs. You can buy Paludrine online today from Medical Specialists® following a simple online consultation.
- Helps prevent malaria
- Contains active ingredient Proguanil
- Effective antimalarial medication
- Genuine UK medication
What is Paludrine for?
Please note: We do not keep this item in our Pharmacy so there will be a slight delay of a few days with the delivery of your order, irrespective of delivery method chosen.
Please note: Speak to your doctor if you are not sure which antimalarial is suitable for your area of travel or alternatively you can check this on the NHS Fit for Travel website.
You can buy Paludrine tablets online to be used in the prevention of the malaria infection. Paludrine contains a medicine called Proguanil Hydrochloride. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antimalarials’ which can be used in certain parts of the world as a preventative against this serious and deadly disease spread by infected mosquitoes.
Paludrine will give some degree of protection (prophylaxis) against the disease in certain countries. In certain areas of the world, you may need to take Paludrine and another drug for maximum protection.
How does Paludrine work?
When you buy Paludrine online, its active ingredient Proguanil Hydrochloride 100mg prevents you getting the disease by stopping the parasite from reproducing after it is inside the red blood cells.
How to take Paludrine
After you buy Paludrine online, always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for instructions on how to take Paludrine. Like other medicines, we only supply Paludrine to those aged 18 or above, and the instructions from the manufacturer are as follows:
Start taking this medicine 1 week before you enter the malaria area. If this is not possible, start taking this medicine at least 2 days before you enter the malaria area.
Take 2 tablets daily.
- You must continue to take it during your stay.
- You must keep taking this medicine for 4 weeks after leaving the malaria area.
What are the possible side effects of Paludrine?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here