Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment
Prices from as little as £6.45 a pack
Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment (Chloramphenicol 1% w/w) is an effective topical medicine commonly used to treat infections of the eye surface, such as bacterial conjunctivitis (also known as ‘red eye). You can buy Optrex ointment online today without prescription from Medical Specialists® and severely reduce the severity and length of time of your eye infection. The medicine can soothe pain and irritation, letting you resume your daily life without discomfort.
- Treats bacterial eye infections such as bacterial conjunctivitis
- Contains the antibiotic Chloramphenicol
- Popular and trusted Optrex brand
- Genuine UK product
What is Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment for?
Please note: We do not keep this item in our Pharmacy so there will be a slight delay of a few days with the delivery of your order, irrespective of delivery method chosen.
Please note: This eye ointment is not suitable for treating eye infections that have spread to the deeper layers of the eye coverings or into the fluid within the eyeball. In this scenario, please see your own doctor as antibiotic tablets or injections may be required to treat these deeper and more serious infections.
Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment is one of the most popular and effective medicines that is specially developed for treating acute bacterial conjunctivitis. This is one of the most common eye complaints, causing symptoms to the affected eye(s) such as red eye, a sticking coating on the eyelashes, a burning sensation, itchiness, discharge and sensitivity to light. The condition can even result in difficulty opening your eyes.
Although your symptoms will likely go away on their own eventually within a few weeks, why suffer in this time when Optrex can get to work fast and effectively allowing you to get on with your daily activities free of pain and irritation.
How does Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment work?
After you buy Optrex online for eye infections such as bacterial conjunctivitis, the active ingredient is the effective antibiotic Chloramphenicol (1% w/w). It works by preventing bacteria from growing, thereby treating and eliminating bacterial infections of the eyes.
Can I buy Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment Online?
You can buy Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment without a prescription. To buy Optrex (Chloramphenicol) ointment online from our UK Pharmacy, simply complete a short questionnaire about your symptoms and for one of our registered Pharmacists to check.
How to use Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment
When you buy Chloramphenicol for bacterial conjunctivitis, you should follow these instructions to use the medicine:
(To be used in the eye(s) only)
- Check the tube seal is not broken before first using the eye ointment.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Remove the cap. Take special care that the nozzle of the tube does not touch your eye, the skin around your eye or your fingers.
- Use a mirror, this will help you see what you are doing.
- Place the nozzle of the tube close to your eye. Gently pull the lower eyelid downwards and look up.
- Squeeze the tube gently and apply about 1cm of the ointment to the space between the lower eyelid and the eye.
- Close for a moment.
- When both eyes are to be treated, repeat steps 5-7.
- Replace the cap securely after use.
Whilst applying the ointment, do not breathe on or touch the nozzle of the tube, do not touch the eyes or eyelids with the nozzle of the tube and do not share your ointment with anyone else
The dose is a small amount of ointment (about 1cm) to be applied to the affected eye(s). If you are using drops during the day and the ointment at night - apply the ointment at night, before going to bed.
If you are using just the ointment - apply 3 to 4 times a day.
Length of treatment
The course of treatment is 5 days. Keep using the eye ointment for 5 days, do not stop just because you feel better - this could make your condition worse.
According to the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL), if your symptoms do not improve within 48 hours, you should consult your doctor. If your symptoms get worse, seek medical advice at once.
What are the possible side effects of Optrex Bacterial Conjunctivitis Eye Ointment?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any product. You should always read the manufacturer’s Information Leaflet before using this or any other product.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the product as well as any possible side effects.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here