Prices from as little as 30p a capsule
(Including Private Prescription)
Omeprazole 20mg or 40mg is an effective prescription medication known as a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It is used to treat gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and associated irritating symptoms such as indigestion and acid reflux/heartburn. Such symptoms can affect people’s lives if suffered with on a regular basis, but Omeprazole works rapidly to ease these problems. It is also sometimes prescribed alongside non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Diclofenac to help protect the stomach. You can buy Omeprazole online from our UK online pharmacy with next day delivery.
- Treats acid reflux and heartburn
- Fast acting
- Reduces stomach acid
- Genuine UK medication
What is Omeprazole for?
Omeprazole capsules belong to a class of medicines known as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), and effectively treat stomach and oesophagus problems, such as acid reflux, heartburn, indigestion and stomach ulcers.
A lot of us will have experienced at least one of the above problems at some point in our lives. However, some people suffer from these symptoms often, sometimes from eating certain food, and this may be because of a condition called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). Omeprazole is an effective prescription medicine for this problem and other similar stomach conditions. Whether you need treatment for GORD or heartburn, we have you covered with our safe and secure online consultation service.
You can buy Omeprazole online to treat the following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). This is where acid from the stomach escapes into
the gullet causing pain, heartburn, and inflammation, which leads to problems with swallowing.
- Ulcers in the upper part of the intestine (duodenal ulcer) or stomach (gastric ulcer).
- Ulcers which are infected with bacteria called ‘Helicobacter pylori’. If you have this condition, your doctor may also prescribe antibiotics to treat the infection and allow the ulcer to heal.
- Ulcers caused by medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Omeprazole capsules can also be used to stop ulcers from forming if you are taking NSAIDs.
- Too much acid in the stomach caused by a growth in the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
How does Omeprazole work?
Omeprazole belongs to a group of medicines called 'proton pump inhibitors'. They work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. Omeprazole stop cells in the lining of the stomach from producing too much acid. This can help prevent ulcers from forming or assist the healing process. By decreasing the amount of acid, they can also help to reduce symptoms. If you require treatment, simply complete an online consultation with our UK pharmacy to buy Omeprazole capsules online.
How to take Omeprazole
Please note: Your doctor may want to conduct regular check-ups if you are taking Omeprazole long term (i.e. continuously for a year or more). Inform your doctor at the earliest opportunity if you get any new or unusual symptoms.
Please note: Taking a PPI like Omeprazole for more than 1 year continually, may slightly increase your risk of fracture in the hip, wrist or spine. Tell your doctor if you have osteoporosis or if you are taking corticosteroids (which can increase the risk of osteoporosis), although your doctor should already be aware of these factors.
You will probably have already been prescribed this medication previously if you buy Omeprazole online and be fully aware of how and when to take the drug.
However, as with any medication or product, always read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) supplied with Omeprazole and take the medication as instructed by your doctor and as outlined in the PIL.
How long you will be taking Omeprazole for depends on the condition it is being taken for. Some people may also need to take it more long-term than others. With most conditions that Omeprazole treats, you will usually take 1 capsule daily.
What are the possible side effects of Omeprazole?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here