Prices from as little as 35p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Montelukast 10mg tablets are used to control and prevent the symptoms of asthma. They are usually ideal when asthma is mild, and can help prevent it from getting worse. It is also effective for those who have asthma in addition to hay fever, and can treat hives of a long duration (more than 6 weeks). To buy Montelukast online from Medical Specialists® all you need to do is fill out our free and simple online form and one of our registered Prescribers will check your suitability.
- Asthma preventative in tablet form
- Also treats hay fever with asthma
- Not to be used for immediate relief of asthma symptoms
- Genuine UK medication
What is Montelukast for?
When you buy asthma tablets, Montelukast is a type of medicine known as a leukotriene receptor antagonist. Many with asthma may find it can be incredibly useful as an add-on treatment to be taken alongside your regular preventer asthma inhaler, and a lot of people do choose to buy Montelukast online for asthma prevention. When you buy Montelukast 10mg tablets, they do not contain any steroids, working in a different way to reduce inflammation.
Your doctor may have prescribed you Montelukast if you’re still getting asthma symptoms even though you’ve been using your regular preventer inhaler as prescribed.
What are the benefits of Montelukast?
Montelukast can also have other uses too. For example, it has been found to help people with asthma who have breathing difficulties when they exercise (known as exercise-induced asthma) as well as offering benefits to asthmatics who also experience seasonal allergies, such as itchiness, sneezing and a blocked or runny nose. This makes Montelukast suitable to prevent both asthma and hay fever.
In addition, Montelukast is sometimes prescribed to people who do not have asthma as a treatment for hives (Urticaria) that has lasted for an extended period of time (more than 6 weeks).
How does Montelukast work?
As mentioned previously, Montelukast can provide benefits for people with asthma whose symptoms have not been controlled well enough with the use of a preventer inhaler alone.
Some people may also prefer to buy Montelukast tablets as an alternative to inhaled steroids.
Taking Montelukast as prescribed can help with asthma/hay fever in many ways:
- Blocking chemicals called leukotrienes which cause your airways to become inflamed when you have an allergic reaction, e.g. to pollen (hay fever).
- Calming inflammation in your airways so it is easier for you to breathe.
- Generally improving asthma symptoms/reducing the frequency of symptoms.
- Over time reducing the need for your reliever inhaler.
- Stopping the narrowing of airways as a result of exercise.
How to use Montelukast
When you buy Montelukast online, take the medicine as directed by your own doctor and according to the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL).
The majority of those prescribed Montelukast will take 1 tablet once a day in the evening to prevent asthma or allergy symptoms. However, if exercise makes your asthma worse, your doctor might tell you to take Montelukast 2 hours before you exercise. Never take more than 1 dose of Montelukast in a day after you buy asthma tablets.
What are the possible side effects of Montelukast?
Please note: Patients should be advised to read the list of neuropsychiatric reactions in the information leaflet and seek immediate medical attention if they occur.
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here