Metronidazole - Trichomoniasis
Prices from as little as £1.05 a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Metronidazole is an effective antibiotic medicine prescribed by us for a number of different infections. One of these is the sexually transmitted infection trichomoniasis, caused by the Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) parasite, and is an infection that affects both men and women. You can buy Metronidazole for trichomoniasis if you’ve had a positive test for the infection, or a sexual partner has had a positive test.
- Effectively clears trichomoniasis infection
- Your sexual partner(s) will also require treatment
- Simple 7 day course of treatment
- Genuine UK medication
What is Metronidazole 400mg for?
Please note: You will need to supply your doctor's details in your consultation to enable us to supply this antibiotic medication. This is so we can inform your doctor of your request for private treatment to adhere to good antimicrobial stewardship, and to minimise the risk of antibiotic resistance from overuse.
Metronidazole 400mg for Trichomoniasis is a 7 day treatment that helps get rid of the Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) parasite.
If you think that you have an infection caused by TV, your local GUM clinic can provide testing facilities, your GP can direct you to appropriate services, or you can obtain test kits online. However, your current sexual partner and any other recent sexual partners should also be treated.
Those patients with a positive test result can buy treatment for TV online through our discrete and confidential service, with fast next day delivery in the UK.
How does Metronidazole 400mg work?
Metronidazole is part of a group of antibiotics known as nitroimidazoles. This medication works by preventing bacterial DNA synthesis, thereby stopping the multiplying and growth of bacteria and protozoa. This then enables the body's own immune system to get rid of it.
How to take Metronidazole 400mg
When you buy Metronidazole tablets online for trichomonas, it is prescribed by us in 14 x 400mg tablets only, as you only need to take 1 tablet, twice daily, for 7 days.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with a drink of water, with, or after you've eaten some food.
- Ensure that you complete the course of antibiotics, even if your symptoms improve. This will help to prevent the infection coming back.
- Do not drink alcohol whilst taking Metronidazole and for at least 48 hours after your course has finished. Alcohol can severely interact with Metronidazole, causing nausea and vomiting.
What are the possible side effects of Metronidazole 400mg?
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING METRONIDAZOLE AS YOU MAY GET AN UNPLEASENT REACTION.
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here