Metronidazole - Bacterial Vaginosis
Prices from as little as £1.05 a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Metronidazole 400mg is an effective prescription antibiotic which is used to treat bacterial infections such as bacterial vaginosis (BV). This is an embarrassing condition suffered by many women that can cause a fishy smell, and be distressing to have. You can buy Metronidazole online for BV treatment from Medical Specialists® - a medication that limits the bacteria's ability to spread, helping to reduce the discomfort and symptoms you may be experiencing.
- Effective antibiotic
- Clears bacterial vaginosis
- Fast relief from symptoms
- Genuine UK medication
What is Metronidazole 400mg for?
Please note: You will need to supply your doctor's details in your consultation to enable us to supply this antibiotic medication. This is so we can inform your doctor of your request for private treatment to adhere to good antimicrobial stewardship, and to minimise the risk of antibiotic resistance from overuse.
Please note: We only prescribe this medication and strength to males who are suffering with trichomoniasis.
If you’ve been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis (BV), or are experiencing a fishy odour with thin discharge, you may want to buy cheap antibiotics as treatment for BV such as Metronidazole 400mg tablets. We can prescribe a short course of Metronidazole 400mg tablets; a powerful, quick-acting antibiotic that can clear up your infection. A week’s course of the antibiotics is usually prescribed to treat BV. You can buy antibiotics for BV online from Medical Specialists®.
It is not uncommon for BV to reoccur within 3-12 months, so you may need to buy BV treatment again in the future after clearing your initial symptoms. If your symptoms recur soon after treatment, you may need to buy Metronidazole treatment again online. In this case, you can come back to us and buy bacterial vaginosis treatment by filling in another online consultation.
How does Metronidazole 400mg work?
Metronidazole 400mg tablets are an antibiotic for BV; a condition believed to be caused by a change in the natural balance of bacteria that exist in the vagina. Metronidazole for BV works to kill some of the excess bacteria that occur in BV and bring the balance of bacteria back to a normal level. If you have been diagnosed with BV, or used a Cantestest vaginal test and its shown you likely have BV, you can buy treatment for BV today from Medical Specialists®.
How to take Metronidazole 400mg
If you do choose to buy antibiotics such as Metronidazole tablets for BV, they should be swallowed whole with a drink of water, with, or after you've eaten some food.
Please note: Metronidazole 400mg tablets are manufactured in pack sizes of 21. Therefore, where we have had to split a pack, you may receive a plain medication box. Rest assure you will receive genuine UK medication inside, with a printed Patient Information Leaflet.
- You should take 1 tablet, twice daily, for 7 days.
- Ensure that you complete the course of antibiotics, even if your symptoms improve. This will help to prevent the infection coming back.
- Do not drink alcohol whilst taking Metronidazole and for at least 48 hours after your course has finished. The manufacturer states that Alcohol can severely interact with Metronidazole, causing nausea and vomiting.
What are the possible side effects of Metronidazole 400mg?
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING METRONIDAZOLE AS YOU MAY GET AN UNPLEASENT REACTION.
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here