Prices from as little as 21p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Marvelon is a combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) commonly known as just ‘the pill’, which is a highly reliable and effective method for birth control, which can also reduce menstrual symptoms and make periods lighter and shorter. This contraceptive pill contains two types of female sex hormones, oestrogen and progestogen. If you are unable to get in at your doctor, you can buy Marvelon online from Medical Specialists® UK registered online pharmacy. If you purchase contraception from us, you can benefit from a safe and secure service with next day delivery.
- Reduces menstrual symptoms
- Can make periods lighter/less heavy
- Low dose combined oral contraceptive pill
- Genuine UK medication
What is Marvelon for?
Please note: You can buy contraceptive pills such as Marvelon if you have already been prescribed it by your own doctor and need a repeat supply.
Please note: You can buy Marvelon online if you have had a face-to-face pill check with your own doctor in the last year and there were no issues.
Please note: We do not prescribe Marvelon if you are aged 50 or above. Your doctor may prescribe you a mini-pill such as Cerazette once you reach this age.
Marvelon is a combined oral contraceptive pill (referred to as ‘the pill’). If you have already been prescribed Marvelon from your own doctor you may be suitable to buy Marvelon from Medical Specialists® UK online pharmacy.
You take it to stop you getting pregnant. Marvelon is a 21-day pill – meaning you take one each day for 21 days, followed by 7 days when you take no pills. Marvelon will not protect you against sexually transmitted infections, such as Chlamydia or HIV.
How does Marvelon work?
Marvelon has two active ingredients, ethinylestradiol and desogestrel, which are two types of female sex hormones - oestrogen and progestogen. These hormones prevent an egg being released from your ovaries so you can’t get pregnant. Marvelon also makes the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb.
How to take Marvelon
Each strip of Marvelon contains 21 tablets – 3 weeks continuous supply (followed by 7-day break).
Each box of medication contains 3 strips/63 tablets – 3 months’ supply.
Take your pill each day at about the same time. Swallow the tablet whole, with water.
- Each Marvelon pill is marked with a day of the week.
- Take a pill of Marvelon at the same time every day. Start taking a pill marked with the correct day of the week.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip, taking 1 pill each day, until you consumed all the 21 pills. Swallow a pill whole, with or without water. Do not crush or chew the pill.
- You will then have 7 days where you take no pills at all after you have taken all 21 pills in the strip.
You should experience a withdrawal bleed a few days after completing the course of 21 pills, and you don’t have to wait until the bleeding has stopped before beginning the next pack. Start the new pack immediately after the last day of the 7 pill-free days.
What are the possible side effects of Marvelon?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here