Prices from as little as £8.95 a pill
(Including Private Prescription)
You can buy the morning after pill online if you urgently require an emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy. Levonelle 1500 is an effective emergency contraceptive that needs to be taken within 72 hours (3 days) of unprotected sex, or ideally if your usual contraceptive method has failed, such as a split condom or you forgot to take your regular contraceptive pill. Levonelle 1500 is commonly referred to as ‘the morning after pill’. Full instructions on how to take this are available in the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL).
- Effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex
- Very effective in stopping pregnancy
- Simple to use pill
- Genuine UK medication
What is Levonelle 1500 for?
Please note: Due to postage times, a delay of 1 or 2 days may be incurred from ordering to receiving your medication. Therefore - WE WILL NOT PRESCRIBE THIS MEDICATION IF YOUR UNPROTECTED SEX WAS LONGER THAN 24 HOURS AGO. (Please see EllaOne in this case) IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE SEEK IMMEDIATE ADVICE FROM YOUR LOCAL PHARMACY.
You can buy Levonelle 1500 emergency morning after pill to stop a pregnancy before it is established, but must be taken within 72 hours (3 days) of intercourse, but does not work if you are already pregnant.
You may be suitable to buy morning after pill Levonelle if you have had unprotected sex, or your regular contraceptive method has failed – such as a condom came off or split, or you simply forgot to take your usual daily contraceptive pill and had unprotected sex.
It is important to remember that you should only buy the morning after pill Levonelle 1500 to use in emergencies as it is not intended to be a regular method of contraception. If Levonelle 1500 is used more than once in a menstrual cycle, it is less reliable and there is a higher risk of it upsetting your menstrual cycle (period).
If your body mass index (BMI) is over 30 then Levonelle is less reliable and EllaOne is recommended. Please seek immediate advice from your local pharmacy.
How does Levonelle 1500 work?
Levonelle 1500 is thought to work by preventing your ovaries from releasing an egg and also preventing sperm from fertilising any egg that may have already been released.
Levonelle 1500 does not work as well as regular methods of contraception. Your doctor, practice nurse or family planning clinic can tell you about long-term methods of contraception which are more effective in preventing you from getting pregnant.
How to take Levonelle 1500
Always use Levonelle 1500 exactly as your doctor has told you, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Take the tablet as soon as possible, preferably within 12 hours, and no later than 72 hours (3 days) after you have had unprotected sex. Levonelle 1500 can be taken at any time in your menstrual cycle assuming you are not already pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Do not chew the tablet; swallow it whole with water. Do not delay taking the tablet. The tablet is more effective the sooner it is taken following unprotected sex.
- If you are already using a regular method of contraception such as the contraceptive pill, you can continue to take this at your regular times.
- If another unprotected intercourse takes place after the use of Levonelle 1500 (also if this is during the same menstrual cycle), the tablet will not exert its contraceptive effect and there will be a risk of pregnancy.
After you have taken the Levonelle 1500 morning after pill, you are advised to make an appointment to see your doctor about 3 weeks later, to make sure that morning after pill has worked. If your period is more than 5 days late or is unusually light or unusually heavy, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Further Guidance when taking Levonelle 1500
When using this medication it is important to be aware that:
If vomiting occurs within 3 hours, a replacement dose should be taken;
Your next period may be early or late;
And to seek medical attention promptly if any lower abdominal pain occurs because this could signify an ectopic pregnancy.
The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare also advises that:
A barrier method of contraception needs to be used until next period.
A pregnancy test should be performed if the next menstrual period is delayed by more than 7 days, is lighter than usual, or is associated with abdominal pain that is not typical of the usual period.
A pregnancy test should be performed if hormonal contraception is started soon after use of emergency contraception even if they have bleeding; bleeding associated with the contraceptive method may not represent menstruation.
What are the possible side effects of Levonelle 1500?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here