What is Imigran Recovery Tablets?
Imigran Recovery Tablets contain the active ingredient Sumatriptan which is used to treat migraine headache. Migraine symptoms may be caused by the temporary widening of blood vessels in the head. Imigran is believed to reduce the widening of these blood vessels. This in turn helps to take away the headache and relieve other symptoms of a migraine attack, such as feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) and sensitivity to light and sound.
Before you take Imigran Recovery Tablets
Do not take Imigran Recovery Tablets:
- If you’re allergic to sumatriptan, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a heart problem such as narrowing of the arteries (Ischaemic heart disease) or chest pains (angina), or have already had a heart attack
- If you have circulation problems in your legs that cause cramp-like pains when you walk (peripheral vascular disease)
- If you have had a stroke or a mini-stroke (also called a transient ischaemic attack or TIA)
- If you have high blood pressure. You may be able to use Imigran if your high blood pressure is mild and is being treated
- If you have serious liver disease
- With other migraine medicines, including those which contain ergotamine, or similar medicines such as methysergide maleate; or any triptan or 5HT1 agonist (such as naratriptan or zolmitriptan)
- For children under 18 years of age.
With any of the following anti-depressants:
- MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or if you have taken an MAOI in the last 2 weeks
- SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) including citalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine and sertaline
- SNRIs (serotonin noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors) including venlafaxine and duloxetine
If you are not sure about any of the above conditions, please ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking Imigran Recovery Tablets.
Take special care with Imigran Recovery Tablets:
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Imigran Recovery Tablets:
- If you are a heavy smoker, or using nicotine replacement therapy, and especially
- If you are a man aged over 40, or
- If you are a woman who has been through the menopause.
In very rare cases, people have developed serious heart conditions after using Imigran, even though they had no signs of heart disease before. If any of the points above applies to you it could mean you have a greater risk of developing heart disease.
How should you take ?
Always follow the Patient Information Leaflet carefully. The dose will be on the pharmacist’s label. Check the label carefully. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Where can I buy Imigran Recovery Tablets online?
You can buy Imigran Recovery Tablets online with or without a prescription at Medical Specialists, after completing a simple online consultation. Just complete an online consultation by clicking the orange button above. We are the UK’s leading supplier of pain killer medication, and Imigran Recovery Tablets for sale in the UK by our pharmacy which is regulated by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
Ask Our Prescriber / Pharmacist
Medical Specialists® are proud of our in-house team of Prescribers, Pharmacists and Experts who carry out the online consultations, dispense medication or help our patients in other ways.
If you would like to ask one of our experts any questions regarding your medication or any other matter, then please feel free to submit your query to us and will get back to you.
Ask a Question
How We Package Your Order
Your medication is sealed in a plain shipping box for protection then placed inside a tamper-proof Royal Mail special delivery envelope before being dispatched from our in-house NHS pharmacy.
- Discreet Plain Packaging
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
- No Mention of Medication
For full patient information, please read or print out the leaflet provided at the bottom of this page about Imigran Recovery Tablets.
This patient information leaflet is provided for information purposes only. This leaflet information should not be used in contradiction with your Doctor or Pharmacist's advice. Medical Specialists recommend that you carefully read the information leaflet provided with your medication. Medical Specialists will not accept liability for information displayed. Please refer to the leaflet provided with your medication for the latest manufacturer's information.