Florisene for Women
Prices from as little as 21p a tablet
Florisene is a clinically supported supplementation programme effective at treating Chronic Telogen Effluvium (CTE) in women; the term for excessive, persistent, but reversible hair shedding. CTE can destroy a woman’s confidence and cause major self-esteem issues. The condition affects up to 4.8 million women in the UK, but you can buy Florisene online from Medical Specialists®; a cost-effective solution for any woman with CTE. Florisene was developed after years’ of research and is one of the leading supplements in treating CTE.
- Can help women with chronic telogen effluvium (CTE)
- Could maximise hair growth
- Often taken alongside Dianette when treating hair loss
- Genuine UK product
What is Florisene for Women for?
Please note: We do not keep this item in our Pharmacy so there will be a slight delay of a few days with the delivery of your order, irrespective of delivery method chosen.
Florisene for Women is a multi-nutrient formula containing iron that was developed following 10 years of clinical research conducted by one of Britain's leading hair specialists. The medication can help hair growth in women suffering from Chronic Telogen Effluvium (CTE); a condition that has been linked to having low serum ferritin (Lower than 40 micrograms per litre)[1,2].
A lower-than-normal ferritin level could be the result of having an iron deficiency, usually from not having enough iron in your diet, or heavy periods. Another condition that affects iron levels is anaemia, which is when your body doesn’t have enough red blood cells for iron to attach to.
Florisene for Women contains:
- A highly absorbable form of iron.
- A significant level of the essential amino acid, L-lysine.
- 2 other known iron-synergists, vitamin C and vitamin B12.
- Biotin and selenium which contribute to the maintenance of normal hair.
Research indicates that low L-lysine intake may exacerbate a reduced ferritin level and clinical studies show that for some women ferritin levels will not improve without supplementary L-lysine.
How does Florisene for Women work?
Research indicates a leading cause of CTE is low serum ferritin (Lower than 40 micrograms per litre)[1,2]. This reflects the amount of 'stored' iron in the body. For some women, low ferritin levels results in gradual hair loss, likely leading to the appearance of a 'thinner' ponytail or having less hair to clip back, or having poor quality hair.
Low serum ferritin in women is more prevalent now than ever because of reduced red meat consumption (this is typical therefore in vegetarians or vegans) and menstrual blood loss in women of reproductive age. However, research shows that if serum ferritin is raised above a certain level (Above 40 micrograms per litre)[1,2], normal hair growth can resume, giving a woman her confidence back and an increased feeling of womanhood.
How to take Florisene for Women
Florisene tablets should be swallowed whole with water half to one hour before food or on an empty stomach. How much to take: ONE tablet should be taken daily. If you wish to take a larger dose, you should discuss this with your own doctor or healthcare professional first.
What are the possible side effects of Florisene for Women?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any product. You should always read the manufacturer’s instructions before using this or any other product.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take Florisene, as well as any possible side effects.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here
1. Ramsay ID, Rushton DH. (1990) "Reduced serum vitamin B12 levels during oral cyproterone-acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol therapy in women with diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia." Clin Exp Dermatol. 15(4):277-81. PMID 2145099
2. Rushton DH, Ramsay ID. (1992) "The importance of adequate serum ferritin levels during oral cyproterone acetate and ethinyl oestradiol treatment of diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia in women." Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 36(4):421-7. PMID 1424176