Prices from as little as 43p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Femoston is a very popular and effective sequential combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) that can restore a woman’s natural hormone balance and provide welcome relief from the agonising symptoms associated with the menopause. Suitable patients can buy Femoston 1/10mg or 2/10mg online without prescription following an online consultation with Medical Specialists®.
- Continuous combined HRT medication
- Effective treatment for the menopause
- Simple-to-follow and helpfully marked tablet packets
- Genuine UK medication
What is Femoston for?
Please note: Only buy Femoston online if you have NOT had your womb removed (hysterectomy).
Please note: Femoston is suitable if your periods stopped more than six months ago.
Femoston is a HRT pill; a combined therapy comprising of a form of oestrogen (estradiol 1mg or 2mg) and a form of progesterone (dydrogesterone 10mg).
Combined HRT is taken daily with no break and is highly effective at reducing menopause symptoms such as mood changes and hot flushes, as well as having the additional benefit of the reducing the risk of the brittle bone disorder, osteoporosis.
How does Femoston work?
Ovaries begin to produce less oestrogen leading up to the menopause, and oestrogen blood levels decline as a result. This causes distressing symptoms, such as hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, irregular periods and vaginal dryness or itching.
However, Femoston contains oestrogen (in the form of estradiol) which replaces the declining levels in the body, thereby easing the symptoms of the menopause. This process is better known as hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Like all HRTs, Femoston is normally used for short-term relief from menopausal symptoms, but the exact time the medication should be taken for can vary between women and should be discussed with your own doctor. Therefore, its use should be reviewed at least once each year with your doctor.
A progestogen (Femoston contains dydrogesterone) is usually required for HRT for women who haven’t had a hysterectomy as in women with an intact womb, oestrogen stimulates the growth of the womb lining (endometrium). This can then lead to endometrial cancer (womb cancer) if the growth is unopposed. Therefore, the dydrogesterone in Femoston will oppose the effect of the oestrogen on the womb lining, and reduce the risk of endometrial cancer.
What are the Benefits of Femoston?
- Restores the natural balance of hormones, offering effective relief from distressing menopausal symptoms which can disrupt daily life.
- Femoston also helps to prevent weakening of the bones, as osteoporosis makes the bones brittle and porous.
How to take Femoston
When you buy Femoston HRT online, always take the medication exactly as instructed by your own doctor or as instructed in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
However, the PIL states:
Contains 14 white tablets with 1mg estradiol per tablet for the first 14 days of the cycle, and 14 grey tablets with 1mg estradiol and 10mg dydrogesterone for the second 14 days of the cycle.
Contains 14 brick red tablets with 2mg estradiol per tablet for the first 14 days of the cycle, and 14 yellow tablets with 2mg estradiol and 10mg dydrogesterone for the second 14 days of the cycle.
What are the possible side effects of Femoston?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here