Duac Once Daily Gel
Prices from as little as £19.32 a tube
(Including Private Prescription)
Duac Once Daily Gel (Benzoyl Peroxide 3% or 5% + Clindamycin 1%) is a very effective and commonly prescribed treatment for mild to moderate acne. It is particular suited to those who have not seen results with just antibiotic therapy or peeling agents on their own, as Duac contains both of these elements. Duac is also specifically used to reduce breakouts, of which can cause embarrassment and a loss of confidence. However, you can buy Duac online from Medical Specialists® UK online pharmacy today and some people find that their symptoms can clear up altogether after just 3 months’ use.
- Kills bacteria causing the acne
- Available in 3% or 5% strengths
- Combined antibiotic and peeling agent
- Genuine UK medication
What is Duac Gel for?
Please note: Do not use Duac with other products that may have drying or irritating effects on your skin. These include alcohol-based skincare products.
Please note: Do not use Duac if you are already using products that have Benzoyl Peroxide in them.
Please note: Do not buy Duac online to use alongside products applied to the skin that contain Tretinoin, Isotretinoin or Tazarotene, or the antibiotic Erythromycin.
Please note: Only use Duac alongside another topical treatment for your symptoms if doctor or pharmacist says it's OK. Two similar treatments could cause a reaction, such as pain or irritation.
Duac Once Daily Gel is an effective treatment for mild to moderate symptoms. Duac belongs to a group of medicines known as ‘anti-acne preparations’. It can treat existing whiteheads, blackheads, spots, and can also reduce the number of red, inflamed spots you have.
For most people suffering with a longstanding history of the problem, Duac is often found to be highly effective, and may show an improvement in your symptoms within the first month of treatment.
You can buy Duac Gel online in a pack size of 30g or 60g, with each pack size available containing 3% Benzoyl Peroxide (the green boxes) or 5% Benzoyl Peroxide (the blue boxes).
Topical antibiotics such as Duac are also ideal for those who cannot take, or do not like to take, oral antibiotics. Moreover, some people may prefer to buy Duac Gel instead of a cream based product.
How does Duac Gel work?
Duac is a prescription-only topical treatment that has a dual mechanism of action, comprising of two active ingredients, Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide.
Clindamycin 1% is a powerful antibiotic and perhaps the most commonly prescribed antibiotic for the problem, working to kill the bacteria causing it. Clindamycin controls bacterial numbers and controls the inflammation of the sebaceous glands, allowing the skin to heal. Benzoyl Peroxide reduces blackheads and whiteheads by causing the top layer of the skin cells to break down and shed, and also unblocks sebaceous glands, preventing the formation of comedones (blackheads and whiteheads).
How to use Duac Gel
After you buy Duac Once Daily Gel online, always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Use Duac Once Daily Gel once a day in the evening.
- It may take 2 to 5 weeks before you see the effect of Duac.
- Your doctor will tell you how long your treatment will last.
How to apply Duac
Completely remove any make-up.
Wash the affected area of skin well. Then rinse with warm water and gently pat dry.
Put a thin film of gel on the entire area of affected skin, using your fingertips.
Apply to all of the areas of your skin which have acne, not just to the individual spots. If the gel does not rub into your skin easily, you are using too much.
For your face only, use an amount of gel from the tube which reaches from the tip of your finger to the first joint (the first crease on your finger). This is a ‘fingertip’.
For your face and back, use 2 and a half ‘finger tips’ in total.
If you get a lot of dryness or skin peeling, you can use an oil-free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic moisturiser, use Duac less frequently or stop treatment for a short period, to allow your skin to adjust to the treatment. This medicine may not work properly if it is not applied every day.
Wash your hands after using the gel.
After it has dried, you can use a non-greasy make-up.
Duration of treatment
- If you need to continuously use Duac for more than 12 weeks, it might be worth talking to your own doctor. Use Duac for as long as your doctor recommends. Don’t stop unless your doctor advises you to.
- It is important to continue to use the gel as prescribed by your doctor, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). If you stop too soon, your symptoms may return. However, your doctor or a pharmacist should be able to answer any queries about using Duac.
What are the possible side effects of Duac Gel?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before using or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here