Prices from as little as 24p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Dianette is a prescription-only combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) that prevents pregnancy; however it is not licensed strictly for contraception and its primary use is for the treatment of moderate to severe acne in women, reducing very oily skin and reducing excessive female hair growth (hirsutism) in women of a reproductive age. You can buy Dianette online (a combined pill) following an online consultation with Medical Specialists®.
- Treats acne as well as hirsutism and hair loss
- Works as a contraceptive too
- Combined oral contraceptive pill
- Genuine UK medication
What is Dianette for?
Please note: You can buy Dianette for acne and/or hirsutism if you have already been prescribed it by your own doctor and need a repeat supply.
Please note: You can buy Dianette online if you have had a face-to-face pill check with your own doctor in the last year and there were no issues.
Please note: We do not prescribe Dianette if you are aged 50 or above. Your doctor may prescribe you a mini-pill such as Cerazette once you reach this age.
- Moderate to severe acne which hasn’t improved after the long-term use of oral antibiotics in women.
- Excessive hair growth on the face and body (hirsutism) in women.
- Female hair loss.
There are many benefits when you buy Dianette pills online:
- It is one of the most reliable reversible methods of contraception if used correctly.
- It doesn’t interrupt sex.
- It usually makes your periods regular, lighter and less painful.
- It may help with pre-menstrual symptoms.
- You do not have to take any other oral contraceptive while you are taking Dianette.
How does Dianette work?
Dianette contains two types of female hormones; an oestrogen and an anti-androgen, cyproterone-acetate. The oestrogen part of Dianette works at stopping an egg from being released by the ovaries, whilst the anti-androgen inhibits the hormones that are responsible for bodily and facial hair growth and the grease glands in your skin.
Studies have shown that Dianette used for 6-9 months clearly decreases hair loss and hair thinning to the scalp. Acne and seborrhoea improved after 3-4 cycles; alopecia (hair loss) after 8-9 cycles and hirsutism diminished after 3 cycles of treatment The rate of success (of Dianette) was 94% for acne, 85% for hirsutism and 55% for alopecia.
As with ordinary oral contraceptives, Dianette is capable of preventing you from getting pregnant. This medication stops you getting pregnant by working in three ways: by preventing an egg being released from your ovaries; by making the fluid (mucus) in your cervix thicker, which makes it more difficult for sperm to enter the womb; and by preventing the lining of your womb thickening enough for an egg to grow in it.
In studies, women taking cyproterone-acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol (Dianette) for female pattern hair loss ended up with significantly reduced B12 and serum ferritin levels. Patients taking cyproterone acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol (Dianette) responded best (hair re-growth) when their serum ferritin levels were greater than 40 micrograms/L[4,5]. Therefore, we highly recommend patients should take Florisene therapy while on Dianette as it’s a very effective treatment for lower ferritin levels.
Dianette will not protect you against sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as Chlamydia or HIV. Only condoms can help to do this. Therefore, do not buy Dianette for STI treatment as it is not intended for this.
How to take Dianette
Each strip of Dianette contains 21 tablets – 3 weeks continuous supply (followed by 7-day break). Each box of medication contains 3 strips/63 tablets – 3 months’ supply.
Take your pill each day at about the same time. Swallow the tablet whole, with water.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take 1 pill each day, until you have finished all 21 pills.
- You will then have 7 days where you take no pills at all after you have taken all 21 pills in the strip.
- Start taking your next strip of Dianette after the 7 pill-free days (on day 8) – even if you are still bleeding. So if you take the last pill of one pack on a Friday, you will take the first pill of your next pack on the Saturday of the following week.
- Always start the new strip on time.
- As long as you take Dianette correctly, you should always begin taking a new strip on the same day of the week.
When you buy Dianette tablets online, always read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication. It will provide further detailed instructions on how to take the medicine. Always check with your own doctor if you are not sure of how to take the medicine or have any other concerns.
What are the possible side effects of Dianette?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here
1. Brzezińska-Wcisło L. (2003) "Assessment of efficacy of Diane-35 (Dianette) in androgenetic feminine alopecia." Wiad Leek. 2003;56(3-4):202-5. PMID 12923971
2. Erdmann D. et al (1994) "Ovarian suppression with Diane 35/50." Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 54(11):627-33. PMID 8719015
3. Ekoe JM. et al (1980) "Treatment of hirsutism, acne and alopecia with cyproterone acetate." Dermatologica. 160(6):398-404. PMID 6446466
4. Ramsay ID, Rushton DH. (1990) "Reduced serum vitamin B12 levels during oral cyproterone-acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol therapy in women with diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia." Clin Exp Dermatol. 15(4):277-81. PMID 2145099
5. Rushton DH, Ramsay ID. (1992) "The importance of adequate serum ferritin levels during oral cyproterone acetate and ethinyl oestradiol treatment of diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia in women." Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 36(4):421-7. PMID 1424176