Constella (Linaclotide) - IBS/SIBO with Constipation
Prices from as little as £2.07 a capsule
(Including Private Prescription)
Constella (Linaclotide 290mcg) capsules are an effective and very popular prescription medication helps to restore normal bowel movement. Constella capsules are used for the treatment of moderate to severe Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) with constipation. If you need to buy IBS treatment online or buy SIBO treatment online, you may be suitable to buy Constella online from Medical Specialists®.
- For IBS/SIBO with constipation
- Active ingredient is Linaclotide
- Relieves abdominal pain and bloating
- Genuine UK medication
What is Constella for?
Please note: Only buy Linaclotide online if you suffer constipation with your IBS or SIBO.
Please note: Female patients over 50 years of age - If you have suffered symptoms of this condition within the last 12 months, you will need to see your GP for appropriate tests for ovarian cancer and measurement of your serum CA125 level before we can prescribe this medication. These results MUST be given in one of the additional information boxes provided when you complete your online consultation.
Constella (Linaclotide 290mcg) is a prescription medication used to treat these conditions with moderate to severe symptoms. If you have found non-prescription treatments to be ineffective, Constella may be effective for you.
How does Constella work?
The symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome vary from person to person. Constella is only used for IBS or SIBO WITH CONSTIPATION causing symptoms such as abdominal pain and bloating. Therefore, do not buy Constella online if you DO NOT have constipation with these conditions. Only buy Linaclotide online if you are experiencing constipation with your IBS or SIBO and have abdominal pain and bloating. Linaclotide is not absorbed into the bloodstream and works locally in the gut.
This is where it binds to receptors called guanylate cyclase C receptors that are found on the walls of the intestine. This reduces abdominal pain and increases the amount of fluid in the gut, which helps loosen the stools and speed up their movement through the bowel.
How to take Constella
When you buy Constella capsules online, the manufacturer’s instructions state:
- The usual dose is 1 Constella capsule taken once a day with a drink of water.
- The capsule should be taken on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before a meal. Taking the capsule with food is more likely to cause loose and more frequent stools.
- If you forget to take a dose don’t worry, just leave out the forgotten dose and take your next dose as usual. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
- If you have taken this medicine once a day for 4 weeks and it does not seem to be helping your symptoms, it is important that you let your doctor know.
Do not buy Constella for IBS or SIBO without constipation. Please click here to see the relevant medication for these conditions without constipation.
What are the possible side effects of Constella?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
This medicine may cause diarrhoea. You should tell your doctor if you experience severe symptoms or those lasting longer than a week. If you get symptoms make sure you drink plenty of fluids or use rehydration sachets to prevent dehydration. Follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Bottles of Constella capsules contain a desiccant (silica gel) that stops the capsules absorbing moisture. It is important to keep your Constella capsules in this bottle and keep it tightly closed to protect the capsules from moisture. Do not swallow the silica gel and do not remove it from the bottle. If there are any capsules left in the container 18 weeks after it was first opened these should be disposed of, preferably by returning to your pharmacy.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here