Colgate Duraphat Toothpaste
Prices from as little as £9.50 a tube
(Including Private Prescription)
Colgate Duraphat (Fluoride) is a powerful and effective prescription toothpaste containing a higher strength Sodium Fluoride than you will find in your local shop. It is a popular toothpaste commonly prescribed to patients who are suffering from tooth decay or at risk of it.
It is also prescribed to patients where there are problems such as a history of dental caries, dry mouth, exposed root surfaces, high sugar diets and where orthodontic appliances have been used. You can buy Duraphat online from Medical Specialists® as it’s not available in shops or supermarkets.
- Higher Flouride than toothpastes in supermarkets
- Helps prevent dental caries
- Prescription-only (requires an online consultation)
- Genuine UK product
What is Duraphat for?
The toothpaste can help those suffering from both past and present tooth decay. Often, dentists prescribe Colgate Duraphat 2800 or 5000 to help reverse the effects of early stages of tooth decay/rot. However, you instead can buy Colgate Duraphat with our online consultation service with next day delivery.
The severity of your problems or need for protection, as well as your age, (Duraphat 5000 should not be used by those under the age of 16) may determine which toothpaste is suitable when you buy Duraphat online.
The 2800ppm of fluoride is approximately double the amount of Fluoride in the strongest of regular toothpastes found in the dental section of any supermarket, whilst 5000ppm of Fluoride is around four times as much Fluoride as that contained in the stronger toothpastes.
In addition, the toothpaste also promotes remineralisation using the saliva’s calcium, phosphate and fluoride. This boosts protection and increases resistance to plaque acid deposits, strengthens the teeth and reduces the damage caused by dental caries.
How does Duraphat work?
Buy Colgate Duraphat high strength fluoride toothpaste like Colgate Duraphat to simultaneously help to reverse early stage tooth decay and strengthen teeth to prevent decay.
The Fluoride works at:
- Reducing the formation of plaque acids.
- Preventing mineral loss associated with plaque acid.
- Promoting remineralisation of early tooth decay.
How to use Duraphat
Always read the manufacturer’s Information Leaflet when you buy Duraphat toothpaste online. This states:
- Replace your regular toothpaste with Colgate Duraphat 2800 or 5000.
- Apply it three times daily. Once when you wake up or after breakfast. Once during the day. Finally, use the toothpaste before you go to sleep.
- Use approximately 3 to 5 milligrams of the toothpaste on your toothbrush each time you use it.
- Brush your teeth in an up and down motion or use your regular electric toothbrush.
- Spew out the excess lather. DO NOT swallow the toothpaste.
What are the possible side effects of Duraphat?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any product. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before using this or any other product.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use the product, as well as any possible side effects.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here