Prices from as little as 25p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Clairette is a hormone-based prescription-only combined oral contraceptive pill (COC) that due to its properties, also works to protect against pregnancy. It has the same active ingredients as the popular COC medication Dianette, also available from Medical Specialists®. You may be suitable to buy Clairette online as a treatment for acne, oily skin, or excessive hair growth (also known as hirsutism). To order Clairette without a prescription, just complete our simple online questionnaire (consultation) today for next day delivery.
- Effective for acne and oily skin
- Treats excessive hair growth
- Also acts as a form of birth control
- Genuine UK medication
What is Clairette for?
Please note: You can buy the Clairette contraceptive pill for acne and/or hirsutism if you’ve been prescribed it previously and require a repeat prescription.
Please note: You need to have had a face-to-face pill check with your own doctor in the last year with no issues found.
Please note: You cannot buy Clairette from us if you are aged 50 or above. Your doctor may prescribe a mini-pill as an alternative, such as Cerazette.
Clairette is sometimes known as a 'generic Dianette', although it is in fact another brand of medication containing cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol. The medication is often prescribed to women suffering with symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) such as acne or excessive facial hair. Clairette can also aid with regulating periods as well.
What does the Clairette pill treat?
- Moderate to severe acne which hasn’t improved after the use of other anti-acne treatments including topical medications and antibiotics.
- Excessive hair growth on the face and body (also known as hirsutism) in women.
- Female hair loss.
How does Clairette work?
Clairette comprises of two female hormones; an oestrogen and an anti-androgen, cyproterone-acetate. Oestrogen prevents an egg from being released by the ovaries, whilst the anti-androgen inhibits the hormones connected to facial and bodily hair growth as well as the skin’s grease glands, helping to restore balance to the skin.
In studies, women taking cyproterone-acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol for female pattern hair loss ended up with significantly reduced B12 and serum ferritin levels. Patients taking cyproterone acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol responded best (hair re-growth) when their serum ferritin levels were greater than 40 micrograms/L[1,2]. Therefore, we highly recommend patients should take Florisene while on Clairette as it’s a very effective treatment for lower ferritin levels.
Clairette will work as a protection against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and only the proper use of condoms can help to do this. Therefore, do not buy Clairette for STI treatment.
What are the benefits of Clairette?
- You do not have to take any other oral contraceptive with Clairette.
- One of the most reliable (and reversible) forms of contraception when used correctly.
- Clairette doesn’t interrupt with sex.
- Can regulate periods, making them lighter and less painful.
- May help alleviate pre-menstrual symptoms.
- Effective and low cost acne pills to buy online, which can have huge physical and mental impacts on those who suffer with this skin problem.
- Popular choice for women looking to buy PCOS treatment online.
How to take Clairette
Each strip of Clairette will have 21 tablets inside – This equates to 3 weeks continuous supply (followed by 7-day break). Each box of medication contains 3 strips/63 tablets – This is 3 months’ supply of Clairette.
Take one tablet each day at approximately the same time of the day. Swallow the tablet whole, with water.
- Follow the direction of the arrows on the strip. Take 1 pill each day, until you have finished all 21 pills.
- You will then have 7 days where you take no pills at all after you have taken all 21 pills in the strip.
- Start taking your next strip of Clairette after the 7 pill-free days (on day 8) – even if you are still bleeding. So if you take the last pill of one pack on a Friday, you will take the first pill of your next pack on the Saturday of the following week.
- Always start the new strip on time.
- As long as you take Clairette correctly, you should always begin taking a new strip on the same day of the week.
If you buy Clairette acne tablets online without prescription, it is important to fully read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication. It will provide further detailed instructions on how to take the medicine. Always check with your own doctor if you are not sure of how to take the medicine or have any other concerns.
What are the possible side effects of Clairette?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here
1. Ramsay ID, Rushton DH. (1990) "Reduced serum vitamin B12 levels during oral cyproterone-acetate and ethinyl-oestradiol therapy in women with diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia." Clin Exp Dermatol. 15(4):277-81. PMID 2145099
2. Rushton DH, Ramsay ID. (1992) "The importance of adequate serum ferritin levels during oral cyproterone acetate and ethinyl oestradiol treatment of diffuse androgen-dependent alopecia in women." Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 36(4):421-7. PMID 1424176