What is Daktarin cream?
Daktarin cream belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antifungals’. Daktarin cream is used for infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi including yeasts, and some bacteria. Daktarin cream works by destroying the fungus and associated bacteria which may be present.
What is it used for?
- Fungal infections of the skin, e.g. ringworm (scalp and skin), candidiasis (thrush), athlete's foot, scalp infections, fungal nappy rash, groin infections.
- Fungal infections of the nails.
How to use Dakrarin cream?
Each tube of Daktarin cream is sealed. You will need to use the cap to pierce the seal. Rub the cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers. Do not put Daktarin cream into or near the eyes - it is for use on the skin and nails only.
For skin infections Use the cream twice a day - once in the morning and again at night.
For nail infections Use the cream once or twice a day. Your doctor will tell you which one.
- Unless the affected skin is on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water after using the cream.
- Washing your hands after using the cream will stop you spreading the infection to other parts of your body or to other people.
- Do not allow other people to use your flannel or towel. This will stop them from getting your infection.
- Clothing that touches infected skin should be washed and changed often. Daktarin cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes.
How can I buy Daktarin cream online
You can buy Daktarin cream online at Medical Specialists chemist shop. If you prefer to order Daktarin cream UK over the phone, just give us a call and we will be pleased to help.
This patient information leaflet is provided for information purposes only. This leaflet information should not be used in contradiction with your Doctor or Pharmacist's advice. Medical Specialists recommend that you carefully read the information leaflet provided with your medication. Medical Specialists will not accept liability for information displayed. Please refer to the leaflet provided with your medication for the latest manufacturer's information.