Buscopan IBS relief is a tablet containing
hyoscine butylbromide. This medicine is used to relieve
the abdominal cramps which cause pain and
discomfort associated with Irritable Bowel
Syndrome. It belongs to a group of medicines
called antispasmodics. It works by relaxing the
cramping muscles of your bowel.
Before you take Buscopan IBS
Only take Buscopan IBS relief if you have been diagnosed with the Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief if you:
- Are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients of Buscopan IBS Relief.
- You are intolerant to or cannot digest some sugars.
- You have glaucoma (an eye problem).
- You have megacolon (a very enlarged bowel).
- You have something called "myasthenia gravis", a very rare muscle weakness problem.
- You are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breast-feeding.
How to take Buscopan IBS
Always take this medicine exactly as your
pharmacist or doctor has told you. You should
check with them if you are not sure. Buscopan IBS should not be taken continuously for more
than two weeks. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor
if you develop new symptoms or if your symptoms
get worse or have not improved over two weeks.
Adults and children 12 years or over:
• Start by taking 1 tablet three times a day
• You can increase your dose to a maximum of 2
tablets four times a day, if needed
• Swallow the tablet whole with water
• Do not crush or chew the tablet
Buscopan IBS is not recommended for
children under 12 years.
For full patient information, please read or print out the leaflet provided at the bottom of this page.
This patient information leaflet is provided for information purposes only. This leaflet information should not be used in contradiction with your Doctor or Pharmacist's advice. Medical Specialists recommend that you carefully read the information leaflet provided with your medication. Medical Specialists will not accept liability for information displayed. Please refer to the leaflet provided with your medication for the latest manufacturer's information.