Canestest Self-Test for Vaginal Infections
Prices from as little as £8.99 a test
Canestest is an effective self-test you can use in the comfort of your own home to check for and diagnose vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis (BV), thrush, or trichomoniasis. You can buy Canestest online, this very simple-to-use vaginal test, from Medical Specialists®, saving you any embarrassment or inconvenience of going to your local pharmacy.
- Gives a likely diagnosis of your infection
- Used in the comfort of your home (no embarassment)
- After diagnosis you can seek appropriate treatment
- Genuine UK product
What is Canestest for?
Please note: We do not keep this item in our Pharmacy so there will be a slight delay of a few days with the delivery of your order, irrespective of delivery method chosen.
Canestest is very quick and easy to use, and ideal if you want to check if you are likely suffering from bacterial vaginosis (BV), thrush or trichomoniasis; quite common bacterial infections in women. This can then help to determine the appropriate treatment option. For example, depending on the result, you may then need to purchase antibiotics for BV, or buy thrush treatment online.
How does Canestest work?
Bacteria is present within the vagina and is there to protect it. The ‘good’ lactobacilli vaginal bacteria work at maintaining an even level of the vagina's pH balance (how acidic the vagina is). This helps to keep a healthy balance of bacteria. If the pH level of the vagina increases beyond 4.5, this means it is less acidic and bad bacteria can multiply, causing infections such as BV or thrush. Canestest will not only tell you if there has been an increase in the pH level, but it will also indicate which condition is likely present. A more normal reading could indicate thrush, whilst a higher reading would suggest BV.
How to use Canestest
When you buy Canestest online, you will find it is similar to inserting a tampon. Canestest is easy to use and shouldn’t cause any feelings of pain or discomfort in the vagina. In order to achieve the most accurate results, you need to wait at least a full day before or after your period before using Canestest. This timeframe again applies if you experience any signs of your period or vaginal bleeding. You must also wait 12 hours before using the test following sexual intercourse or vaginal douching.
- Once you buy Canestest online, unwrap the Canestest swab. It is vital the swab tip does not come into contact with anything before you insert it into your vagina.
- Holding the Canestest swab by the handle, insert the yellow tip into your vagina and rotate the swab before removing it.
- Wait 10 seconds and then check the tip of the swab to see if the colour has remained the same or changed to blue or green:
If the swab didn’t change colour after the 10 seconds, this means you could be suffering from thrush (check the back of the packaging to compare symptoms and interpret results).
If the swab changed colour and the tip becomes blue or green, this means you could be suffering with a BV infection (check the back of the packaging to compare symptoms and interpret results).
What are the possible side effects of Canestest?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any product. You should always read the manufacturer’s Information Leaflet before using this.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to use this product, as well as any possible side effects. However, unless the swab has come into contact with a foreign substance before insertion, it is highly unlikely you will get any side effects from Canestest as it is not an orally taken medication or something that is applied topically.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here