Prices from as little as 28p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Brufen is a powerful and effective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) containing a higher dose (400mg) of the active ingredient Ibuprofen. For this reason, you cannot buy Brufen over the counter without a prescription. However you can buy Brufen online following an online consultation with Medical Specialists®. It is an effective treatment for arthritis, and can treat lower back pain, period pain and a wide range of other debilitating conditions.
- Effective for toothache and other painful conditions
- Contains prescription strength Ibuprofen
- Anti-inflammatory painkiller
- Genuine UK medication
What are Brufen Tablets for?
Please note: Ask your own doctor if it is safe for you to buy Brufen online if you are over the age of 65 or if you currently have, or have had, stomach ulcers previously.
Please note: Your own doctor or another medical professional may have prescribed you a medication called a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) for stomach protection. This is usually taken at the same time as Brufen, and is important if you have experienced previous stomach problems, or if you are elderly, or taking certain other medications. You may have been prescribed a PPI such as Pantoprazole, Lansoprazole or Omeprazole, or advised to purchase Nexium Control (available from Medical Specialists®), or Ranitidine or Zantac.
Please note: If you are currently taking any of the proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) listed above for stomach protection, and are medically suitable to buy Brufen online, please state in your online consultation which PPI you take and the strength of the drug.
Brufen is an effective NSAID painkiller. Some people buy Brufen Tablets online to treat one or more from a wide range of conditions:
- Acute pain.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (a form of spinal arthritis).
- Frozen shoulder.
- Headache (including migraine).
- Lower back pain.
- Pain after operations.
- Period pain (also known as menstrual pain or menstrual cramps).
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sprains and strains.
- Swollen joints.
How do Brufen Tablets work?
Brufen Tablets contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen in either a 400mg or 600mg strength, and is an effective prescription painkiller called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by reducing hormones that cause debilitating pain and swelling in the body, allowing you to get on with your daily routines in comfort – hence why Brufen is one of the most popular pain relief medications to buy online.
Although the strong dose of Ibuprofen in Brufen painkillers will help relieve pain and inflammation after a single dose, its anti-inflammatory effect usually requires a few weeks of taking it regularly.
How to take Brufen Tablets
If you are suitable to buy Brufen Tablets online, take Brufen exactly as your doctor has told you, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). If you are not sure refer to the label on the medication packet or check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take your Brufen Tablets with or after food, with a glass of water. Brufen Tablets should be swallowed whole and not chewed, broken, crushed or sucked to help prevent discomfort in the mouth or irritation in the throat.
- Adults - The usual dosage is 600mg to 1800mg spread throughout the day.
- Your doctor may choose to increase this depending on what you are being treated for; but no more than 2400mg should be taken in one day.
What are the possible side effects of Brufen Tablets?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here