Please note, ALL patients that are 60 years and over MUST be on a form of Stomach Protection medication prior to us prescribing this medication. This can be Lansoprazole, Omeprazole, Nexium Control (over the counter), Zantac (over the counter), Ranitidine (over the counter) AND for it to be listed within your online consultation.
What is Brufen Retard?
Brufen Retard is a prescription drug and contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is a simple painkilling medicine used to relieve mild to moderate pain, inflammation and fever. Ibuprofen can be used to relieve muscular and rheumatic aches and pains. It can be used as a pain killer for back pain and other painful conditions such as headaches, migraine, toothache, nerve pain (neuralgia) and period pain.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions please consult your own GP before continuing with our
- Are you pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or are you breast-feeding? Brufen Retard may make it more difficult to become pregnant. You should inform your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant or if you have problems becoming pregnant.
- Are you sensitive (allergic) to any of the ingredients in the tablets? These are listed in Section 6.
- Do you have, or have you previously had, a stomach ulcer or other gastric complaint? Do not take Brufen Retard if you currently have a peptic ulcer (ulcer in your stomach or duodenum) or bleeding in your stomach, or have had two or more episodes of peptic ulcers, stomach bleeding or perforation in the past.
- Do you have a condition which increases your tendency to bleeding?
- Do you suffer from asthma or have you ever had an allergic reaction or suffered from wheezing after taking ibuprofen, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory pain killers?
- Do you suffer from liver or kidney disease?
- Do you suffer from heart disease? Medicines such as Brufen Retard may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) or stroke. Any risk is more likely with high doses and prolonged treatment. Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment. If you have heart problems, previous stroke or think that you might be at risk of these conditions (e.g. if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or are a smoker) you should discuss your treatment with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do you have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, sometimes known as lupus) or a connective tissue disease (autoimmune diseases affecting connective tissue)?
How should you take Brufen Retard?
ALWAYS take Brufen Retard exactly as your doctor has told you. If you are not sure refer to the label on the carton or check with your doctor or pharmacist. TAKE YOUR BRUFEN RETARD TABLETS with a glass of water. You should swallow the tablets whole without chewing, breaking, crushing or sucking on them to help prevent feeling discomfort in the mouth or irritation in the throat. The tablets are best taken in the early evening, well before retiring to bed. Take your Brufen Retard with or after food.
Your dosage will depend on what you are being treated for, the usual dose is two tablets taken as a single dose each day, preferably in the evening. In severe or acute conditions, your doctor may prescribe one extra tablet to be taken each morning in addition to the usual dose.
IF YOU TAKE MORE BRUFEN RETARD THAN PRESCRIBED (AN OVERDOSE) you should contact a doctor or go to the nearest hospital casualty department IMMEDIATELY taking your tablets with you. IF YOU FORGET TO TAKE YOUR BRUFEN RETARD TABLETS take them as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next dose. If it is, do not take the missed dose at all. Never double up on a dose to make up for the one you have missed.
Where can I buy Brufen Retard online?
You can buy Brufen Retard online with or without a prescription at Medical Specialists, after completing a simple online consultation. Just complete an online consultation by clicking the orange button above. We are the UK’s leading supplier of pain killer medication, and Brufen Retard for sale in the UK.
Ask Our Prescriber / Pharmacist
Medical Specialists® are proud of our in-house team of Prescribers, Pharmacists and Experts who carry out the online consultations, dispense medication or help our patients in other ways.
If you would like to ask one of our experts any questions regarding your medication or any other matter, then please feel free to submit your query to us and will get back to you.
Ask a Question
How We Package Your Order
Your medication is sealed in a plain shipping box for protection then placed inside a tamper-proof Royal Mail special delivery envelope before being dispatched from our in-house Pharmacy.
- Discreet Plain Packaging
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
- No Mention of Medication
For full patient information, please read or print out the leaflet provided at the bottom of this page about Brufen Retard.
This patient information leaflet is provided for information purposes only. This leaflet information should not be used in contradiction with your Doctor or Pharmacist's advice. Medical Specialists recommend that you carefully read the information leaflet provided with your medication. Medical Specialists will not accept liability for information displayed. Please refer to the leaflet provided with your medication for the latest manufacturer's information.