Prices from as little as 42p a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Brufen Retard is a highly effective painkiller which contains 800mg of Ibuprofen sustained-release, which means the painkiller will slowly release into your body throughout the day, giving you a welcomed and continuous relief from pain and inflammation. Many people buy Brufen Retard online as it can ease the pain from many conditions such as arthritis and lower back pain. Brufen Retard is known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID), and can be more effective than aspirin for treating soft tissue injuries and dental pain.
- Relieves pain and inflammation
- 800mg Ibuprofen active ingredient
- Effective arthritis treatment
- Genuine UK medication
What is Brufen Retard?
Please note: Ask your own doctor if it is safe for you to buy Brufen Retard online if you are over the age of 65 or if you currently have, or have had, stomach ulcers previously.
Please note: Your doctor may have prescribed a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) to protect the stomach to be taken at the same time as Brufen Retard, particularly if you have had stomach problems before, or if you are elderly, or taking certain other drugs as well. You may have been prescribed a PPI such as Omeprazole or Lansoprazole, or told to use Nexium Control (available to buy from Medical Specialists®), or Ranitidine or Zantac.
Please note: If you are currently taking any of the proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) listed above for stomach protection, and are medically suitable to buy Retard Brufen online, please state in your online consultation which PPI you take and the strength of the drug.
Brufen Retard belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers. If regular non-prescription painkillers haven’t worked, you can buy Brufen Retard tablets online. Brufen Retard can be used to relieve pain and inflammation in conditions such as:
- Acute pain.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Headache (including migraine).
- Lower back pain.
- Pain after operations.
- Period pain (also known as menstrual pain or menstrual cramps).
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sprains and strains.
- Swollen joints.
How does Brufen Retard work?
The active ingredient in Brufen Retard is Ibuprofen and each tablet contains a strong 800mg dose of Ibuprofen in a sustained-release formulation. This is designed to release Ibuprofen gradually into your blood stream throughout the day. This means your body gets a steady and continual dose of medication throughout the day to reduce your pain and inflammation, allowing you to perform your daily tasks in comfort.
Brufen Retards helps prevent the production of chemicals in the body known as prostaglandins, which are produced as a response to pain and inflammation.
With less prostaglandins, you experience less fever, swelling, pain and general discomfort.
How to take Brufen Retard
When you buy Brufen Retard online, always take Brufen Retard exactly as your doctor has told you, or as outlined in the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL). If you are not sure check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take Brufen Retard tablets with a glass of water.
- You should swallow the tablets whole without chewing, breaking, crushing or sucking on them to help prevent feeling discomfort in the mouth or irritation in the throat. The tablets are best taken in the early evening, well before retiring to bed. Take your Brufen Retard with or after food.
- Your dosage will depend on what you are being treated for, but the usual dose is 2 tablets taken as a single dose each day, preferably in the evening. In severe or acute conditions, your doctor may prescribe one extra tablet to be taken each morning in addition to the usual dose.
What are the possible side effects of Brufen Retard?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here