Azithromycin - Travellers' Diarrhoea
Prices from as little as £3.17 a tablet
(Including Private Prescription)
Azithromycin 500mg tablets are an effective antibiotic that can quickly treat the symptoms of travellers' diarrhoea (TD), an unpleasant and often bacterial infection stemming from contaminated food or water. Many people choose to buy Azithromycin online for TD as standby treatment for when they visit certain areas of the world, together with Imodium (Loperamide). Both of these medications can ensure you can recover from your symptoms as quickly as possible and allow you to continue enjoying your trip.
- Ideal to take overseas as standby treatment
- Treats diarrhoea caused by a bacterial infection
- Simply take 1 tablet daily for 3 days
- Genuine UK medication
What is Azithromycin for?
Please note: You will need to supply your doctor's details in your consultation to enable us to supply this antibiotic medication. This is so we can inform your doctor of your request for private treatment to adhere to good antimicrobial stewardship, and to minimise the risk of antibiotic resistance from overuse.
Please note: When you buy Azithromycin 500mg tablets for traveller’s diarrhoea, take the medication as soon as you develop diarrhoea, not before, as it cannot be used as a preventative.
Please note: We prescribe Azithromycin for travellers' diarrhoea as an off-label (unlicensed) use.
Azithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections. It is one of the most commonly prescribed medications for standby treatment of travellers' diarrhoea.
The medication is often recommended to take with you if you are travelling to South Asia, South East Asia, South America or Africa.
Travellers to North America, Europe, or Australasia do not usually require antibiotics for diarrhoea.
How does Azithromycin work?
Azithromycin is a highly effective antibiotic that is party of the ‘macrolide’ family. When you take the medication, it prevents bacteria from creating proteins they require in order to stay alive. Therefore, the bacteria die and this helps your immune system to clear them from your body.
Azithromycin alleviates symptoms of traveller’s diarrhoea by destroying the bacteria causing it. This enables you to recover from traveller’s diarrhoea much faster.
How to take Azithromycin
After you buy Azithromycin online for TD, always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for instructions on how to take the medication.
Azithromycin antibiotics for traveller’s diarrhoea should be taken as follows:
- Start taking the medication immediately as symptoms of traveller’s diarrhoea occur. These include sickness, diarrhoea, nausea and stomach cramps.
- Take 1 tablet daily for 3 days.
- Continue the course until it is complete unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
What are the possible side effects of Azithromycin?
Side effects are rare, and most people don’t get any. Possible side effects may vary from one person to the next, as with any medication. You should always read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) before taking this or any other medication.
This will give you important instructions on how and when to take the medication, as well as any possible side effects of the drug.
How we package your order
Your medication is placed inside a plain delivery box* for protection, then sealed inside a special tamper-proof Royal Mail envelope before being dispatched from our in-house pharmacy.
- Discreet plain packaging / No mention of medication
- Our minimum sized delivery box* to protect the medication in transit is: W - 18cm, H - 6.5cm, D - 8.5cm
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 hr (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Before 1pm (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail Local Collect (UK addresses)
- Royal Mail International Signed For (Overseas addresses)
- Some delivery types will require you to sign for the parcel
- Some delivery types will require you to show Photo ID for the parcel
- Find out more information about delivery types here